Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Sports + Entertainment Group is committed to identifying, developing, and executing projects that reflect Mortenson's purpose of building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society on a national level. The Sports + Entertainment Groups' goals are to provide our customers with a superior experience, enhance the performance of the facilities we build through our expertise, and perform at the highest levels of quality and safety on each project.
We focus on large, complex projects and seek to earn the reputation of the best and most respected sports builder in America. The Sports Group continually focuses on the growth and development of our team, processes, and operations by recruiting the best people in the industry to drive innovative construction solutions.
The company's project sizes range from less than $1 million to more than $1 billion. Some of Mortenson's more notable sports projects include:
* Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas, NV)
* Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle, WA)
* Target Field (Minneapolis, MN)
* Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln, NE)
* KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY)
* US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
* HarborCenter (Buffalo, NY)
* SunTrust Park (Atlanta, GA)
* Chase Center (San Francisco, CA)
Great Opportunity! If you have a passion for building large complex projects, this position may be the one for you. The Sports + Entertainment Group is recognized as one the leaders when it comes to building sport facilities. …What are you waiting for?!
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Executive to provide overall management for large projects, leading the project team and ensuring key and successful customer relations, as well as assist the operating group with winning work. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in Establish and maintain successful customer and/or community relationships
* Conduct key customer service visits throughout the project, from pre-construction client surveys to close-out, ensuring that you are sticking to project commitments and resolving any issues in a timely manner
* Preview proposals before submission and participate in Request for Proposal process
* Act as primary customer contact for all assigned projects
* Maintain customer relationships to be aware of current and future projects
* Support business development initiatives in establishing and building on client relationships
Provide oversight and accountability for large project(s)
* Handle contract administration including, but not limited to: terms, change requests, invoices and progress payments, etc.
* Establish and implement project objective and procedures
* Maintain project budgets, costs, and pricing, ensuring delivery of a profitable project.
Provide leadership to project team
* Review work of Senior Project Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) assigned to projects
* Mentor and lead team members, establishing and fostering team environment
* Develop team members for future career consideration and training opportunities
Other duties as assigned
* Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
* Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision-making to assure project success
How will you succeed?
* Minimum 10 years' experience in construction management supervising large projects ($100M+)
* Ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
* Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
* Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
* Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level.
* Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
* Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
* Current driver's license
* Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Ethics