Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsible for the completion of the various resorts' monthly financial statements and their accuracy, audits, budgets, and communication with the Board of Directors. This position is responsible to ensure budgets are completed timely and accurately to provide clients with a monitoring performance tool throughout the year. Ensures proper training of HOA Accountants, guidance, and analytical support for problem solving. Knowledge of financial operations is vital to educate and to properly communicate with Board Members.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Direct Supervisor: Ken Loury – SVP – HOA Accounting
- Responsible for all accounting under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including month-end close, financial statement review, and financial statement presentation to internal and external stakeholders (Board of Directors). Communication with HOA Board of Directors.
- Prepare and work on Budgets with onsite management and Director of Resort Operations. Effective communication with clients ensures contract retention; this role is vital every day.
- Supervise and monitor Sales accounting activity for clients. Present financial statements to clients and answer related questions. Client relationships is vital for business retention.
- Present financial statements and budgets to Board of Directors at Board Meetings. Present financial status of resorts at members' annual meetings which provides assurance to clients of our competency in managing their finances.
- Works with external CPA’s on annual audits of various resort financial statements.
- Direct leadership of a team of 8 with the potential of more. Lead internal Finance team and business with the development and presentation of budgets.
- Lead budgets from assumptions and risk perspective, identifying areas for opportunity and savings.
- Travel to Mexico to review General Ledger, Bank Reconciliations, and Review Monthly Tax Filings with onsite controller and General Manager.
- Assist with the implementation and documentation of special and new projects as needed. Ad-hoc strategic analysis.
- Candidate must be bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Advanced leadership skills, mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Able to review and analyze financial statements
- Timeshare/Hospitality/HOA industry experience required
- Financial planning and analysis experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in presenting and discussing financial information
- Strong written and oral persuasive communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Moderate Travel
- Ability to adapt in fast-paced work environment
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required Minimum Experience required: 10 years’ experience with 5 years’ of direct leadership experience Candidate must be bilingual (English & Spanish) Skills Required:
- Advanced Accounting skills
- Advanced Leadership skills
- GL & Balance Sheet analysis
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions:
Essential Physical Tasks:
Normal office tasks
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Complex Problem Solving