Shift Manager – Electrical Maintenance
Cleveland-Cliffs has immediate openings for a Shift Manager – Electrical Maintenance at our Burns Harbor facility. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but are not all-inclusive.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Managing the maintenance of electrical equipment and providing the day to day supervision of the Maintenance Technician Electricians (MTEs) within assigned division
- Develop into a maintenance expert for the electrical and automation systems within assigned area
- Act as a coach to employees and ensure that they have the tools and knowledge required to safely perform their job
- Manage spending budget using project management skills, and a thorough understanding of the process needed to properly maintain the equipment in assigned area
- Interact with Purchasing, Operations, Maintenance, Op Tech/Continuous Improvement, Accounting, Engineering, Vendors and Suppliers and counterparts from other plants
- Develop a maintenance strategy that would ensure a high level of equipment reliability
- This position would be a daylight shift, but should also be available on an on-call basis for nights and weekend.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited school
- 2 yrs. of electrical maintenance experience in a heavy manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of electrical maintenance experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a steelmaking operation.
- Strong working knowledge of PLCs, process automation, drives, instrumentation, AC/DC industrial control, power distribution, and AC/DC motors
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical equipment such as hydraulic and pneumatic systems, pumps and process water systems, mechanical power transmission, lubrication, and overhead cranes
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Dc Motors
- Electric Power Distribution