Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and Supervises the quality process from raw material receiving through sorting and packaging to ensure the delivery of a high quality product to our customers.
Major Functions & Scope:
- Determine and implement necessary formula adjustments.
- Ensures corrective measures are taken to maintain quality standards.
- Monitors production processes to ensure quality control measures are met.
- Develops and implements Statistical Process Controls in Lab.
- Determination of quality holds and dispositions.
- Maintenance of the ISO quality system and associated document control functions.
- Participation in Technical Team and Project Review reporting at prescribed frequencies.
- Supervises Lab Technicians and ensures on-going development, feedback and coaching.
- Review and document possible quality related claims from customers.
- Track and monitor plant production equipment for natural gas efficiency and raw material usage for proper inventory levels.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Ceramic Engineering or closely related engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems and ceramic industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years operations experience in a manufacturing environment; or internship/co-op experience at a minimum.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply results effectively.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are mandatory.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Engineering Design Process