The G&A Accountant, under the supervision Assistant Controller, is responsible for maintaining the accurate accounting records in various areas.
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of assigned journal entries and account analysis.
- Responsible for the periodic review of outstanding recurring invoices.
- Responsible for reconciling assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assists in the preparation and review of financial and other reports.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Assist in analyzing and verifying information.
- Assists in period end close procedures, including preparing accruals.
- Reviews periodic balance sheet reconciliations prepared by our external accounting group.
- Provides accounting support to the Accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan, organize and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality. Microsoft Excel proficient (Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, Macros, etc). Strong knowledge of GAAP. Analytical, Mathematical and Research skills. Strong attention to detail.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent, required. A minimum of four (4) years' experience required. Any equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work, appropriately seeks, manages, integrates and interprets data. Able to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data. Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and operational integrity.
Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with internal and external customers. Works through differences and finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
Functional Expertise - Achieves success through a comprehensive knowledge of industry and business as it relates to position. Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external customer satisfaction. Demonstrates initiative and is accountable for own actions and decisions.
Communication Skills - Has good verbal and written skills; is effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way communication.
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including human body. Walking and standing but may be required, up to 15% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Complex Problem Solving