All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Sign On Bonus $5,000 (if eligibile)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The WOCN serves as a care consultant and provider for patients with complex wound care needs and ostomy management. Accountable for collaborating with the health care team to define and communicate the expected patterns of care for this patient population. Provides leadership for education and research programs to support the advancement of wound and ostomy care and improvement of patient outcomes through implementation of evidenced based practice. Serves as a resource, leader, and role model for wound and ostomy care and functions as a liaison with the community, other health care professionals, and other disciplines regarding areas of wound and ostomy care.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3).
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- The Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse assesses patient care needs associated with wound ostomy continence as evidenced by:
- Quarterly Pressure Ulcer Survey
- Completes comprehensive assessment of wound, ostomy patients
- Responds to physician and nursing request for consultation on patients pre and post ostomy, patients with skin breakdown, draining wounds, and urinary incontinence
- Conducts and documents assessments and suggested interventions
- The WOCN assesses educational needs of the nurse and potential educational needs across the organization through the review of annual nursing education survey and interactions with nurses
- Assists staff in developing and maintaining competency in maintaining skin integrity
- Develops nursing diagnosis to meet the needs of wound, ostomy, incontinent patients.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- One or more years of nursing practice experience.
- One year of practice in which leadership and teaching competence has been demonstrated
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- BLS Instructor or obtain within 1 year of hire
- Board Certified in Wound, Ostomy Care (WOCN) or obtain within 6 months of hire
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner