To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor - Tony's Fine Foods
United Natural Foods, Inc. • West Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Manages, supervises and evaluates route Drivers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Manages the daily schedules of Drivers.
- Ensures the timely, efficient delivery of products.
- Works directly with the Transportation Manager and Assistant Manager to constantly streamline the delivery process while reducing the cost associated with said deliveries.
- Assigns trucks and equipment for specific jobs.
- Handles customer complaints and issues.
- Assigns Drivers to routes.
- Prints and distributes manifests.
- Monitors loading of routes to ensure proper trailer is being used.
- Approves payroll and time cards.
- Prepares Driver evaluations.
- Rides along with Drivers.
- Travels to out of town locations.
- Fills in on routes when needed.
- Completes minor truck repairs such as jumping batteries, and changing light bulbs and hoses.
- Trains new Drivers and facilitates remedial training of current Drivers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- System Implementation preferred
- Class A driver’s license
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Stromberg; Microsoft Internet Explorer; XATA; 20/20; Roadnet and IDS.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to motivate
- Oral communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills