Spur, the K-12 substitute management and staffing partner of Gwinnett County Schools, is looking for enthusiastic and approachable individuals to fill substitute School Nutrition Worker positions in Gwinnett County Schools (GA) for the school year 2023/2024. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, adhering to the procedures and guidelines set by the school.
They will have prior related experience working in a kitchen. The primary responsibilities of this position are to prepare, cook, and serve food as well as maintain a clean environment. Candidates must wear slip resistant shoes and adhere to kitchen safety guidelines by wearing protective gear such as gloves, hair net, and apron. Please note that you can be assigned to any school within a certain radius/cluster.
We have job opportunities available for hire in the school nutrition department with Gwinnett County Public Schools for staffed and substitute positions. The staffed positions are Monday through Friday at a set location for the duration of the 2023/2024 school year and the substitute position are a daily on demand position (meaning when someone will be absent ). The hiring process consists of multiple steps that can be completed in the meantime, including a GCPS paid background check and some short video trainings. We look forward to having you join the Spur community!
Job Types: Temporary, Long-Term, school-day hours
Salary: $15.00 /hour What are the benefits of joining Spur?
How to get started:
- Use the app to complete your new hire paperwork
- Work up to 40 hours/week by picking up shifts in the app
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit or paycard
- What is Spur, and how does it work?
What will your job duties entail?
- Apply for the position
- Selected candidates will be contacted with offers of employment
- Sign-up to have your fingerprints and background check completed (provided by district)
- Complete a Spur worker profile in our app!
- Attend and complete orientation (paid, and provided by district)
- Start working!
Skill and abilities needed?
- Using standardized recipes to prepare menu items according to work schedule
- Preparing hot and cold food stations for serving students and faculty
- Serving food properly to students and faculty
- Washing and stacking dishes, trays, pots, pans, and utensils properly
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, slicers, can openers, and mixers
NOTE: Artificial nails, eyelashes, and nail polish are prohibited for this role due to food safety rules
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to hear, understand, and follow verbal instructions given in the English language
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 8th grade level, such as safety instructions
- No Acrylic nails to be worn for this position
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur's ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
- Food Safety
- Restaurant Operation
- Kitchen Safety