The Assistant Instrument & Controls (I&C) Engineer will assist design teams to create world class designs for grassroots and revamp/brown field refining and chemical projects. The Assistant I&C Engineer will assist with the design team throughout the Engineering/design, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) process, adapting I&C plans according to assigned budget, schedule, engineering/design standards, and client requirements. The Assistant I&C Engineer will assist in providing deliverables for Front End Planning (FEP) and detailed design phases and support construction phase.
* Assist in preparing instrumentation engineering/design deliverables, including Instrument Index, Instrument Data Sheets, Instrument Installation Details, Instrument Location Plans, Wiring Diagrams, and Loop Diagrams.
* Assist with preparing control systems (DCS and/or PLC) and Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Data Sheets.
* Assist with preparing controls design deliverables, including Input/Output (I/O) list, Process Control Narratives, Graphic Sketches, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Alarm Rationalization, and manage third party control system suppliers to comply with the control system design requirements, including participating in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
* Assist with preparing I&C purchase specifications, review bids, make technical recommendations and manage the overall purchase, review of I&C packages, and review of vendor documentation.
* Assist with working closely with the Process Engineering for development of P&ID's.
* Assist with performing process measurements such as temperature, pressure, flow, level, analyzers, and control valves.
* Utilize various technologies in selecting the appropriate I&C application.
* Assist with performing preliminary sizing calculations for instruments such as orifice plates, controls valves, relief valves, and thermowells.
* Assist with developing level sketches in conjunction with multiple departments.
* Apply knowledge of commonly used I&C engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the engineering services industry.
* Responsible for compliance with company and project site safety policies.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
* Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
* Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
* Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
* Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
* Prior internship and/or related experience preferred.
* Involvement on campus or in the community.
* Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
* Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
* Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D rendering programs and other analysis programs.
* Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
* Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
* Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- 3 D Rendering
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Chemical Engineering