Audit Staff - PublicCompensation:
$55000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
A growing CPA firm is seeking a Staff or Senior Auditor to join their firm. Incumbent must have at least 1 year of recent audit experience. This firm offers some flexibility and ability to work remote when not traveling to the client site. CPA license is highly preferred.
Duties include the following but not limited to:
• Assesses compliance by examining, analyzing, and verifying financial accounts, fixed assets and inventories, payrolls or cash accounts, grant program costs, records, reports, operating practices, documentation, and related instruments;
• Plans audits by understanding agency objectives, structure, policies, processes, and internal controls; establishing audit schedules.
• Verifies information by comparing and analyzing items to documentation.
• Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; identifying discrepancies; preparing final audit reports.
• Improves compliance by recommending changes in management and accounting operation systems and control structure.
• Protects agency reputation by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading detail oriented publications and new regulations.
• Contributes to team results by helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
• Some travel required within California. Approximately 10 weeks per year.
• Report preparation for local government entities, not for profit organizations and small privately held companies.
• Audits include cities, special districts (water, sewer, sanitary, JPA's), school districts, nonprofits, private companies, special grant audits, including OMB A-133(Uniform Guidance) single audit requirements.
*FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for this Staff or Senior Auditor role, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: Email blocked - click to apply
• BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field, CPA desired
• At least 2 years of experience working in a public accounting firm
• This firm does focus on government audits but is open to employees with non-government audit experience including those with only employee benefit plan audit experience
• Must be a good communicator both written and verbal
• Prosystems Engagement software a plus
*FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for this Staff or Senior Auditor role, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: STACY.HAUW@ROBERTHALF.COM.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.