Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for maintaining the financial records for a large portfolio of entities. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements to multiple clients/owners. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, account reconciliations, and year-end audit assistance. In addition, the Financial Accountant will develop relationships with departmental staff and clients, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and year-end financial information for assigned entities.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for assigned entities.
- Perform monthly accounts receivable review for assigned entities.
- Collaborates with the other accounting and operations departments to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Support Accounting Supervisors with special projects.
- Responds to inquiries from ownership groups, regulatory agencies, Accounting Supervisors, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in the accounting field. Experience working in multi-family real estate, specifically affordable housing, is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word (Access is a plus).
- Experience with MRI, YARDI and other large, automated accounting systems is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Note: Candidates will be asked to complete an accounting test during the interview process.
*** PLEASE NO RECRUITING / PLACEMENT COMPANY INQUIRIES
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short- Term
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Receivable
- Affordable Housing