To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merced, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Travel PACU RN
MGA HEALTHCARE • Merced, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Nurse
MGA Healthcare seeks experienced PACU RN for 13-week travel assignments Merced, CA. Contract starts 05/20/2019 but we're accepting all applications through 06/06/2019
• 12-hour shifts: 36 hours/week
• Night Shift, 13-week contract
• Benefits available after 30 days of full-time employment
• Up to $600 in travel reimbursement
• $750 referral bonus for any specialty
• Weekly Taxable: $22.88/$34.32= $960.96
• Weekly Stipend: $1043.00
• Weekly Gross: $ 2003.96
• Minimum Exp 1 years in specialty
• Travel experience preferred
PACU is an abbreviation for post- anesthesia care unit also referred to as post anesthesia recovery is a vital part of every hospital or any medical care institution. As the name suggests PACU nursing refers to the nursing care of the patients after a surgery i.e. patients recovering from anesthesia. The nurses that form a part of the PACU unit are highly trained nurses who are assigned with many vital responsibilities. These nurses work with the goal of avoiding any post surgical or post anesthesia complications in the condition of the patient.
- The PACU nurse is responsible for assessing the patient’s condition by checking the vital signs of the patient, taking and recording the patient’s temperature, checking for any signs of pain, monitoring the respiratory system etc.
- The PACU nurse is responsible for prescribing or using her own knowledge of pain medication in case of an emergency.
- The PACU nurse is responsible for changing the dressing of the patient and ensuring the cleanliness of the wound or affected areas so as to avoid any sort of infections.
- It is the responsibility of the PACU nurse to gather as much information about the pre- surgery condition of the patient and prepare a suitable care plan for the respective patient.
- It is the responsibility of the PACU nurse to rouse the patient form anesthesia after the patient has been operated upon.
- It is the responsibility of the PACU nurse to monitoring the recovery of the patient after the anesthesia or the surgery.
- It is the responsibility of the PACU nurse to keep a close record of all the stats of the patient and inform the respective doctor in case of any complications or anomalies.
- The PACU nurse has the responsibility of processing the discharge formalities of the patient.
- Provides nursing as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
- Demonstrates and documents clinical skills.
- Each shift or visit reflects the provision of nursing care rendered in accordance with physician’s orders
- New Problems, changes, and/or resolution of problems are identified and followed through as follows:
- Director/Supervisory notification
- Physical notification to obtain necessary orders for intervention(s) per stat regulations
- Documentation of same on clinical notes, supplemental physician orders and nursing care plan
- Observe aseptic technique as required
- Performs specific treatments and medication administration as per care plan
- Functions as a team member demonstrating collaboration with and responsibility to the patient, Physician, and health care team.
- Identifies issues of concern and demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Displays correct nursing care that reflects compliance with State, Federal regulations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Current State License as a Registered Nurse
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of the Screen Test with a passing rate
- Flexible and organized with the ability to exercise independent and sound judgement
- Must meet competency as set by MGA Competency Program
Job ID: a2A4M000000uxgTUAQ
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.