To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Toledo, OH
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
WTOL-TV Toledo • Toledo, OH
Posted 2 months ago
If you thrive on winning during television's most important and competitive time period, this is a job for you. We are looking for a top-notch reporter and multi-media journalist to create great content and memorable live TV for our morning shows. This is not a job for a beginner. We need great storytelling skills and experience on all digital and multi-media platforms. You must be able to tell compelling, creative, original stories using all of the newest tools.
In this role, you will:
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, Electronic Media or related field
- 2 years news/video journalism reporting experience
- Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting, and editing video
- Experience with "spot news"- proven ability to react quickly to breaking events
- Strong communication skills (written/oral) for on-air delivery
- Proven ability to work under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines
- Ability to interact productively & positively within different environments
- Applicable knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources including digital media
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.