To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
160 South Industrial Boulevard
Calhoun, GA 30701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Controller I
Mohawk Industries • Calhoun, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Plant Controller professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing marketing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build you.
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Plant(s). Ensures financial activities are in line with the Division Goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and complying with company and government regulations. Acts as liaison between the plant senior management and division finance team, providing financial advice, support and direction in accordance with division strategy and direction.
- Works directly with plant senior management preparing annual budgets and reports that summarizes and forecasts plant business activity and financial position past, present and expected. Responsible for accurate accounting classification of all expenditures, including cash flow, manufacturing cost, capital, etc; the preparation, maintenance, timely and accurate reporting of all plant accounting ledgers and other financial and statistical reports, related and supporting detail or sub-ledger files and reports in accordance with Division policies, practices and timelines.
- Applies critical thinking skill, financial modeling and other best practices to determine best financial approach, to meets productivity and financial goals while maintaining budget controls.
- Responsible for the day-to-day plant accounting activity, developing and implementing solutions to daily accounting issues where procedures may not be well defined Maintains the plants financial, statistical and productivity reports and reporting systems, analyzing variances to plan, forecast and prior year periods; prepares month –end accruals, deferrals and other journal entries as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of management reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- Beginning course work towards CPA, CMA, or other comparable certification preferred.
- 5+ years of job specific work experience required.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital expenditure, budgeting and internal reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of finance control, processes, and systems, as well as cost estimation and control, and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: strategic planning and analysis, and management consulting with strong emphasis on relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or leading projects to include organizing, planning, and executing small to medium scale projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as internal plant personnel, and other business units.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to present and explain business and financial information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with a proven ability to think through the intricacies of a given situation.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the division.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problem/issue, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.