To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Ruan Transportation - Corporate • Saint Joseph, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 1 years
Degree - High School
Transportation, Supply Chain
Dispatch Coordinator-2nd Shift
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:30 pm-10:30 pm
with a rotational Saturday coverage
Coordinate the timely movement of customer's product in a safe, efficient manner, in compliance with company rules and DOT regulations. Assign workload to available drivers, monitor product movements and resolve delivery and scheduling issues. Properly use the Ruan transportation management systems to ensure all required operational data is accurately captured in a near real-time manner.
- Responsible for the timely pickup and delivery of all customer orders within assigned area while maintaining customer expectations. Ensure efficient utilization of drivers and equipment
- Direct and schedule drivers' work. Notify drivers of work assignments to ensure on-time movement of goods to maximize operational efficiency. Regularly monitor driver activities and performance.
- Identify and resolve daily service and scheduling issues. Inform and escalate service issues to management as appropriate. Maintain timely and professional communication with customer contacts on issues impacting service and overall performance.
- Monitor drivers' hours of service to prevent DOT violations.
- Effectively communicate with customer on a regular and timely basis regarding issues impacting the customer and/or their service expectations.
- Accurately prepare and process data and paperwork including but not limited to maintaining driver activities in computer systems, activity reports/trip documents, driver hours of service, fuel tickets and other required items. Responsible to update driver and dispatch information into dispatch system real time.
- Monitor and promote safety in all areas of dispatch.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of Transportation, dispatching, terminal assistant, customer service or other related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required.
- Strong working knowledge of technology within dispatch systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Job ID: DB72555841053412
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.