Under supervision, the Tour Guide is responsible for direct sales of vacation ownership products in a professional and ethical manner through a structured sales presentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sells vacation ownership packages in a professional and ethical manner.
- Maintains a professional relationship with members, owners, and guests to develop trust and commitment towards the Company and for the product.
- Works within established pricing, FDI costs and present vacation ownership package options in accordance with specified guidelines and as directed by management.
- Encourages participation in the Company’s member, owner, and guest referral program.
- Follows up with owners and members after the sale, based on established policies and procedures.
- Accountable for meeting acceptable tour-to-sale ratio (VPG).
- Responsible for completing all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adhere to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
This position requires the ability to understand and follow both oral and written instruction as well as have knowledge of and properly use Standard English and follow office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional, ethical and unbiased manner at all times.
- Able to clearly explain the product and sales contract.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate general office machinery (i.e. computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to effectively perform job duties with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external Customers.
- Ability to speak competently and confidently in a public setting.
- Basic math skills.
Complex Problem Solving