At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
Birdseye Renewable Energy (“BRE”) is a wholly owned affiliate of Dominion Generation, Inc. based in Charlotte, NC. BRE has twin priorities. First, BRE leads utility scale solar and storage development of contracted assets with key C&I and utility customers in select markets within the broad geography of “Eastern US” for ownership by Dominion Generation. Second, BRE supports the development of solar (and battery storage) assets in the Commonwealth of Virginia in furtherance of the Virginia Clean Economy Act.
This position is responsible to facilitate multiple relationships, contributors and resources involved in the development and successful implementation of the process for the organization projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Interact with landowners, local government officials, project neighbors, investor representatives and utility contacts across multiple geographies to advance utility scale solar projects.
- Support the negotiation of land agreements through financial modeling and analysis of site constraints.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of interconnection, applications and management of interconnection processes across various utilities/RTOs/ISOs.
- Manage consultants and vendors responsible for critical development tasks to ensure on-time delivery and accuracy of required work projects.
- Coordinate the preparation, and submission of regulatory documents for submission to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Distill relevant insights from state energy policies, utility Integrated Resource Plans and other public industry sources that lead to potential business opportunities.
- Conduct ad-hoc research and analysis to advance new market and business strategies.
Relocation assistance can be offered to the successful eligible candidate. Strong preference for Charlotte, but location is flexible.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
2-3+ years of experience working in business, public utilities, environmental research, real estate or public service; preferred background with solar/storage development, PJM or similar. Note: A Master's degree will count as one year of experience. A partial year of six months or more experience will be rounded up to one year.
Other required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience include:
- Skilled in the use of a personal computer and related software;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral are required;
- Demonstrated skill and ability to influence and interact with others, often external to the organization, to achieve desired results;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a teamed environment.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor
Preferred Disciplines: Environmental Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Public Policy, Geography
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals DescriptionWorking Conditions
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
Office Work Environment 76 -100%Other Working ConditionsTest Description
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here [ Link removed ]
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
- Business Administration
- Business Strategies