Company is a discovery consultancy that helps brands discover uncharted paths to growth by turning insights into ideas that transform brands and businesses. Guided by the principles of journalism, we ask questions, explore all the angles, assess information, and put the pieces together uncover the best way forward. We fuse research with creativity to find solutions for brands, retailers, innovators, and marketers. We work at the flashpoint where insight meets imagination.
We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, brand, marketing, innovation, and design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients. Insights are at the heart of everything we do and we’ve built a tool kit filled with diverse people, skills and methods. We weave research rigor, cultural context, critical thinking, design talent and compelling communication together to move brands and businesses forward.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a senior leader to join and co-lead an East Coast-based team, with a focus on quantitative methods. You must be fun, creative, a story-teller at heart, and bring an established resume in insights & strategy. This is a unique and special opportunity to evolve new teams and relationships within an established, successful firm already offering fully built, top-notch services and a wealth of capabilities.
As Vice President, you’ll be focused on the development of new brand platforms, identities, services, assets, programs, environments, and branded offerings that drive business growth for many of the world’s best loved and well-known brands and newer start-ups looking to establish a presence. You’ll help shape a growing team and play a critical role in expanding the scope of Company’s tool kit. While you’ll focus on quantitative methods, you’ll work with a cross-functional team consisting of research, strategy, design, and innovation specialists, and will have the opportunity to lead high impact projects that help brands meaningfully connect with and keep their customers at the center of their growth strategies.
We need you to bring experience leading complex engagements and client relationships within an innovative business. You should be passionate about structuring teams for success. You should already have experience with (and excitement for!) designing and pitching solutions that leverage insights to help brands develop deep, loyal connections with their customers. You should be action-oriented, enjoy working hard and have a good time doing it. You should thrive on moving fast and tackling meaty, complex challenges.
As a leader, we need you to bring exceptional capacity for solving complex problems; for working collaboratively; for growing client relationships; and for putting people in a position to succeed. You must have the persistence and proven ability to lead client relationships largely independently, and guide insights projects that enable clients to develop innovative products and solutions that engage and wow.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Co-lead a large population of quantitatively-minded strategists at Company. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for their career development, learning opportunities, work quality, project assignments, inspiration, culture, and more.
- Lead relationships with clients, large and small, and guide teams through the lifecycle of projects and account-related activites.
- Lead (often lean) teams across projects, ensuring clients have the consult and vision to achieve their objective, and that teams have necessary guidance and strategic leadership. Know when it is necessary to get involved in day to day work in support of the team.
- Act as a thought leader throughout Company’s business development process, working with a team to craft Company’s offering, and playing a lead role in new business proposals and pitches.
- Liaise and collaborate with Company experts across disciplines to design integrated, multi-layered approaches to address a wide range of client challenges.
- Work with teams to deliver analyses, insights, and actionable recommendations that create meaningful impact.
- Oversee and at times directly manage all stages of the research process (designing questionnaire, monitoring fielding, running analyses, writing final report, presenting to client).
- Play a leading role on hybrid studies and seamlessly integrate quantitative findings with qualitative insights. Work collaboratively with on engagements where insights work is the central inspiration for the development of brand frameworks and assets.
- Stay up-to-date on industry developments and be active in the research community at large to make sure our methods remain innovative, unique, and of top quality.
- Create and own a network of relationships across accounts to develop deep and broad connections within the client organization.
- Lead directly and by example to motivate and grow teams, consistently providing clear feedback to raise performance and motivate.
What You’ll Bring:
- 15+ years of relevant experience working in-house, within insights, innovation, brand strategy, marketing services, academia, or consulting. Some supplier-side experience highly desired.
- A minimum of 4 years in a leadership role at a relevant agency or within a reputable brand.
- A proven track record leading insights and strategy projects and multi-disciplinary teams in a reputable consulting or agency environment is a must.
- Significant previous experience with growing revenue and managing client/account relationships highly desired.
- Superior people leadership skills; strong track record as a manager, motivator, and developer of young talent.
- Performance-driven account management experience is a major asset.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and detail orientation. This position requires an ability to consider both the micro (project details) and macro (understanding how all aspects of an engagement, including research, advertising, media, strategy, and development, are interrelated).
- Be well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative approaches such as tracking, brand positioning, messaging, segmentation, concept tests, A&U, and pricing studies.
- Very strong experience with SPSS Statistics or a similar software package highly desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to relationship growth and management.
- Assertive, proactive, direct, articulate and charismatic.
- A sense of humor and zest for life!
Coaching And Mentoring