Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance “Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home,” Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
The Ambulatory Analyst & Support role primarily serves in the EMR Department to work in our Secaucus Administrative office in New Jersey. This is not a remote position.
The Ambulatory Analyst works in conjunction with the EMR Director. The Ambulatory Analyst is responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion. The Ambulatory Analyst plans and designates project resources, monitors progress, and keeps leadership informed throughout the implementation process. These tasks are all done within the confines of a company's goals and vision.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
- Interacts with internal departments to understand EHR business requirements.
- Analyzes operational workflow and EHR system features to guide gap analysis, options, decision making and maintenance
- Serves as consultant for issues and topics related to an electronic health record; Serves as a conduit for aligning resources and activities related to EHR topics and issues
- Works with the Directors and Management to support clinical/operational activities in implementation, testing, and activation of EHR software
- Supports work effort during optimization and ongoing maintenance of EHR software
- Participates in the review and testing of major releases and upgrades, evaluating new functionality and master file changes for new features
- Coordinates new application functionality with the training team. Works with team to develop supporting materials as needed and aids team during training
- Provides support to the EMR Director who can support office sites and train for Epic or Athena EMR workflows
- Supports communication and analysis for maintaining master files, end-user access, and security files
- Responds to user level support questions related to the EHR. Escalates high level application/technical questions to Director of EMR
- Develops and documents internal procedures in coordination with internal departments and affiliate hospitals and clinics
- Required to be on call support on rotating weekends
- Assures clinical content meets HIPAA regulatory and compliance requirements
- Stays current on E.H.R. trends and emerging developments
- Provide on-site support before, during and post Go-Lives
- Must have successfully completed EMR Credentialing training process
- Due to the responsibilities of your position, you will be required to work beyond your regularly scheduled hours, on-call/ rotating weekends, nights and weekends when necessary and perform other duties when necessary
- Travel required observing office workflows and providing go-live implementation support
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four- year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Experience with implementing/configuring/supporting vendor supplied software, including Epic Cadence and Epic Ambulatory and Athena EMR
- Knowledge of computer systems in PC, client-server, and web-enabled systems
- Experience with MS Office applications and document creation software
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Groupapproved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Groupapproved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare environment with “big picture” knowledge of clinical operations
- Project management or workflow analysis experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of healthrelated information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decisionmaking and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ambulatory Analyst, EPIC, EHR, Analyst, Healthcare, Epic Cadence, Epic Ambulatory, Athena EMR, Project Management, Workflow Analysis, Secaucus, NJ, New Jersey