Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Generates revenue through sales to new and/or existing key accounts within a geographic area or market. Collects information to better understand business issues, problems, and opportunities and to identify sales prospects. Prepares quantitative, qualitative, and financial data for use in pricing and sales presentations. Ensures sales plans and key account strategies are implemented and sales/financial goals are obtained.
What Part Will You Play?
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- With some support from internal resources and leadership, researches target prospects and develops pipeline in the assigned territory, assigned portfolio or with assigned accounts for new sales and/or for existing sales. For existing clients, conducts penetration analysis and reviews influencing factors and strategy of client to determine action plan. For new sales, identifies business opportunities, conducts cold calls and determines which relationships to nurture. For North America Segment, typically lead from 250k, to 750k to 2M accounts on file. For the Merchant Segment, typically lead the work of Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs) or Bank Acquirers with 10k to 50k Merchants and with general guidance, could lead ISOs and Bank Acquirers with 100k merchants or higher.
- With some support from internal resources or leadership on the more complex or mega sales, nurtures old and new relationships, executes and creates the cold call plan, and establishes the relationship plan for new and existing business. Has an understanding of the territory, conducts sufficient research and determines appropriate timing and contact for prospects.
- Creates, maintains and sustains Strategic Sales Plan (SSP) for identified top prospects in assigned area or accounts. Is responsible for closing the sale. Needs more guidance for complex deals and with identifying internal resources for assistance with SSP.
- Creates the solution design plan. Sizes the work needed for the conversion and helps client understand the work effort for the transition and the correct mix to offer. Assesses the customer's business and reviews solution design options with the client, considering the client's vision, goal, objectives, pain points and target state and makes recommendations for the delivery option. Seeks some guidance with internal resources for the managing of large and mega prospects and would require no support for small prospects, such as small credit unions or small banks.
- Requiring some guidance from internal resources, creates and modifies the sales project plan with the intent to close the sale. Conducts stage assessments from time to time. Identifies and orchestrates the correct internal resources, such as within pricing, IT, implementation, etc. to meet with the client at the appropriate time based on the objectives of the client. Conducts ongoing communication with various internal groups.
- Understands the dynamics of the industry, is knowledgeable regarding key trends in the market and discusses with clients regarding current products and developing products, including mobile app developments, chip cards, etc. With assistance, conducts consultative thought leadership with prospects and helps client with possible solution design.
- Independently, negotiates master agreements and service level agreements for small prospects, such as small community banks or small credit unions. At larger deals, will require approval, consulting, and support with the negotiation.
- Manages the sales presentation and sales process, including identifying the objectives of the meeting, setting the agenda, and following-up on action items as needed. May need periodic direction from internal resources with creating the presentation and with the meeting organization.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Typical fields include Communication, English. Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 5 Years Relevant Exp
- Merchant services industry sales/recruiting experience is required for this role
- Individual Contributor role
- Remote position anywhere in US
Not Ready to Apply? URL blocked - click to apply
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to close a deal
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills/Building Relationships - Orchestrate work across internal and external teams
- Presentation Skills - Present sales presentation and sales process to client
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, URL blocked - click to apply.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at URL blocked - click to apply.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, URL blocked - click to apply.
Operate Cash Register