To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Thomas, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Carrier Procurement Specialist
RWI Logistics, LLC • Fort Thomas, KY
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manages all activities related to the procurement of loads and the movement of customer freight from one location to another. This position works closely with customers to serve and to support them in meeting their shipping objectives. Utilizes discretion and good judgment to manage and troubleshoot all aspects of the movement of customers' freight, including negotiating rates and terms of the freight movement with the objective of providing excellent customer service in an effort to grow the RWI Logistics business. Focuses on innovative and creative ways to achieve desired results and are driven to succeed, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love a good challenge.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Oversee carriers to ensure that loads are completed safely and on time
- Utilize TMS system to track and manage customer shipments
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships
- Support weekend requirements
- Other duties as required and assigned
Qualifications to perform the job successfully include:
- Education: 4-year degree preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service
- Excellent time management skills; capable to manage and prioritize work and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
This position is performed in a general office setting. No additional physical requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to operate a computer/laptop and telephone, and ability to talk and hear.