The Associate Accountant will be responsible for all inventory related transactions, including month-end transactions.Core Responsibilities
- Receives and validates all transportation & warehouse related invoices
- Assist corporate with month-end close activities. This includes posting journals and account reconciliations
- Analyze monthly variances between actual results, current estimate, plan, and prior year. Summarize variances for reporting to upper management
- Allocate freight expenses for sample shipments, military freight, WIP and raw freight paid by corporate.
- Monthly analysis of transportation & warehouse rates, ensuring all transportation & warehouse costs are captured for month-end reporting.
- Manage purchase price variances in SAP weekly \u2013 difference between Goods Receipts vs. Invoice Receipts
- Ensure all balance sheet accruals are an accurate reflection of outstanding liabilities. Monthly accruals should be as accurate as possible, but emphasis is on quarter ending balances
- Assist in developing management reports through functional knowledge of the following systems: SAP BI, SAP BPC & SAP General Ledger
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and potential assignment to special studies/teams to assist management in evaluating key opportunities for the company
- Compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley internal reporting requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferred.
- SAP experience, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits