The Hospital President is responsible for articulating the Company mission and strategic direction and for leading efforts to achieve compassionate, high quality, cost effective health care delivery by upholding the organization’s mission and values and by using them to guide decision-making.
The position serves as the President, California Hospital Medical Center located in the Los Angeles, California and reporting to the SVP, Operations, Southern California.
The President ensures the execution of the hospital strategy, management, financial performance and oversight of all operational components of the hospital in accordance and in alignment with the Company strategy. Plans and implements new business strategies and manages relationships with physicians and external partners considering Healthcare Industry trends in a rapidly changing and highly regulated market.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties may include:
- Directs and oversees a portfolio of healthcare assets and demonstrates a solid understanding of different service lines and delivery models within market. Plans and implements new businesses using different business models and strategic relationships with external partners and physicians. Understands attributes that create successful organizations i.e. legal, structural, economic, and employment models.
- Develops and executes strategy for each line of business/service within market area from the perspective of what makes it a viable enterprise and recognizes those elements that require modification and/or expertise to existing local processes and structure to ensure success.
- Facilitates and reinforces through business processes and performance measures an institutional mindset for clinical innovation as an on-going process to look at clinical practices in order to reduce unnecessary variations to improve clinical outcomes and reduce costs.
- Develops key service lines, leveraging clinical program tools and service line support/data, implementing outpatient strategy, and identifying market scale opportunities (e.g., recruiting, education) across assigned service areas.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in healthcare administration or business, management or a combination of education (or an equivalent combination of education and/or additional job-related experience) is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a related field. Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience. Progressively senior-executive healthcare experience within a complex, multi-site, multi-area health care organization including acute-care hospital operations is required.