First 3-6 months will be spent in Japan; Extensive Global travel
• Apply sound engineering principles and methods to design and develop state of the art controls for production equipment to improve quality, efficiency and cost.
• Hands-on technical leadership of design and execution of machine and process automation. Includes design of systems for rotating equipment, combustion, temperature, flow/pressure, level, batch, and coordinated control systems.
• Scope of development includes creation of intellectual property which provides a distinct competitive advantage over commercially available equipment.
• Interface with Innovation Team to provide knowledge and develop equipment control and automation technology for the introduction and evaluation of new/modified products.
• Provide technical leadership for new equipment evaluation, installation, startup, training, and product launch phases.
• Evaluate prototype equipment, document performance, and recommend modifications.
• Develop new automation technology to improve quality, efficiency and cost of existing products.
REQUIRED knowledge/skills/abilities and other minimum qualifications:
• BS degree in electrical, systems, or automation engineering. Other degrees will be considered with demonstrated experience.
• Eight (8) or more years of controls project management including design, construction, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting experience.
• High degree of proficiency in at least four of the following technologies:
• Rockwell products (RSLogix5000, RSSql, function block programming)
• Omron (CX programmer, CX Designer)
• Siemens (S7)
• Robotics Fanuc, DENSO, etc…
• AC motor inverters (ABB, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Lenz)
• Loop controllers (Honeywell, Red Lion)
• Fieldbus communications and protocols (Profibus, DeviceNet, CAN bus)
• SCADA software (RSView, Indusoft, Ignition)
• Load/update firmware on devices
• Embedded controllers (C++, VB, control programming)
• SQL database design
• Proven experience of an organized and structured approach to system design, documentation, and project organization
• Possess demonstrated ability with analytical skills: methodically investigate problems, organize logical experimental trials, document data, and present results.
• Ability to create electrical schematics in AutoCAD and supporting documentation for system quoting, construction, installation, and post commissioning as-built documentation.
• Ability to use hands-on tools such as oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, portable data acquisition, and similar transducers for process measurement, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Knowledgeable on NEC code, NFPA-70E, and Arc Flash requirements.
• Possibility for considerable amount of travel.
• Strong PC skills required
• Strong statistical background.
• History of developing and implementing new automation systems.
• Highly developed written and oral communication.
• Experience working in an innovation environment.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in wire and cable equipment manufacturing, polymer materials processing equipment, or similar experience in a machine design or fabrication company preferred.
• MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a strong concentration in automation systems preferred.
• Certification or proven practical experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred.
• Project Management Experience, PMP preferred.
• 2D/3D CAD experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Computer Control Systems