To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carpinteria, CA
- Phone: 805-560-8658
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Carpinteria, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The qualified candidate will fabricate parts using 3-axis CNC/manual mills & lathe and related metal working equipment. SolidWorks CAD drawings will be used to support in house designs and prototypes for fabrication and assembly equipment.
Candidate will work close together with a multi-disciplinary Engineering team and occasionally will need to help to document, test and validate mechanical mechanisms and material handling equipment as well as related fixtures required to support manufacturing activities and also will be working close with production floor.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Fabricate mechanical parts using CNC & Manual mill, CNC & manual lathe and other metal working equipment
- Assist with mechanical subassemblies
- Rework of parts tooling, molds, and fixturing
- Knowledge in measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Machine/shop maintenance activities
- Tool room stocking responsibilities
- Work and clearly communicate with production operators, process technicians and maintenance personnel in resolving mold, fixture, tools, dies, and mandrel problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation and documentation
- Utilize good verbal and written communication skills when reporting project status to management or project teams and during interface with both customers and suppliers.
- Promote adherence to company policies and standards on safety, ergonomics, proper housekeeping (5S), and clean room
- High school or GED equivalent degree, a college degree or trade school is preferred
- 0-3 years of experience in providing tool repair, support, and maintenance to a manufacturing environment specializing in medical grade silicone extrusion and molding processes
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, MasterCAM, CNC equipment, conventional mills, lathes, and surface grinding
- Technical ability in reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and 3D CAD files is required
- Effective communication skills required to work with all departments and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in an organized manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision, establishes priorities, and report job status in a timely manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Ability to design simple mechanical components from concepts and documents
- Mechanically inclined, good eyesight, high degree of patience, close attention to detail, adapts to change easily, and high level of motivation to complete tasks promptly is required
- Moderate Work, position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 50 pounds of force to move objects
- Feeling, ability to discern physical attributes of objects including size, shape and temperature by touch, especially fingertips
- Fingering, ability to pick, push or press with fingertips rather than hand or arm
- Grasping, ability to apply pressure to an object with fingers and palm of hand
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer