Brand Protection Specialist Job Title Brand Protection Specialist Job # US10460 Requisition Type Regular Function General & Administrative State/Province Wisconsin City Middleton Region US Posting Start Date Jul-08-2019 Division Information
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Brand Protection Specialist will work with and support Spectrum Brands’ global brand protection initiative. The Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and policing online marketplaces. The Brand Protection Specialist will work with and utilize third party monitoring tools and be capable of performing covert test purchases as required. The Brand Protection Specialist must have a passion for protecting brands should be motivated to locate and remove infringing and counterfeit products from the marketplace.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Monitoring & Enforcement: (60%)
- Monitor the use of brands (trademarks, copyrights, patents, design patents) using third party online brand monitoring tools.
- Manage and conduct online searches using search engines such as Google, Bing, Baidu, and Yandex to confirm vendor compliance and to monitor for infringing products.
- Monitor online marketplaces, such as eBay, Alibaba, and Amazon, to identify non-compliant resellers, potentially counterfeit products and other IP violations.
- Identify non-compliant vendors who are improperly using marketing materials, and initiate action to protect Spectrum Brands’ rights.
- Initiate take-down requests using third party monitoring tools and marketplace complaint systems.
- Develop evidence related to infringing activity.
- Gather and track evidence, manage evidence and evidence logs, and maintain records regarding brand enforcement compliance.
- Maintain records and dockets regarding enforcement efforts.
- Assist in DMCA takedowns regarding copyright violations.
- Assist in UDRP proceedings regarding infringing domain names.
- Assist in preparing requests to remove infringing keyword advertising from search engines.
Internal Brand Compliance: (30%)
- Engage with business units, staying current with business needs, desires and requests.
- Develop in depth knowledge and expertise for specific brands; physical features, packaging and pricing.
Purchase Program: (10%)
Education and Experience Profile
- Identify potentially infringing or counterfeit products and acquire those products via test purchases.
- Coordinate with company sellers and resellers to identify inventory and pricing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in Consumer Products and/or international experience.
- Experience in online brand protection and anti-counterfeiting preferred.
- Working familiarity with intellectual property law, including trademarks, copyrights, design patents, and utility patents.
- Experience working with third party monitoring tools such as Pointer, Mark Monitor, BrandProtect, CSC Global, etc.
- Experience initiating take-down requests on third party marketplaces preferred.
- Knowledge of ecommerce business practices and retail trends both on and offline.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and operating detail of the Company; exercise good judgment and make sound decisions based on this knowledge.
- Ability to operate independently and demonstrate resourcefulness in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Flexibility and knowledge to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Professional and ability to function in a highly confidential work environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Internet Explorer, Visio and Access Database preferred.
- Sensitivity to working across cultures.
- Able to build strong relationships with co-workers
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Engineering Design Process
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US10460
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, a member of the Russell 1000
View the full profile
Index, is a global consumer products company offering a broad portfolio of
leading brands focused on driving innovation and providing exceptional customer
service. The Company is a leading supplier of residential locksets, residential
builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care
products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden,
home pest control products, and personal insect repellents. Helping to meet the
needs of consumers worldwide, our Company offers a wide portfolio of
market-leading, well-known and widely trusted brands including Kwikset®,
Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Pfister®, Remington®, George Foreman®,
Russell Hobbs®, Black+Decker®, Tetra®, Marineland®, GloFish®, Nature’s
Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, FURminator®, IAMS® and Eukanuba® (Europe only),
DreamBone®, SmartBones®, Digest-eeze™, Healthy-Hide®, Littermaid®,
Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, Hot Shot®, Black Flag® and Liquid Fence®. Based
in Middleton, Wisconsin, Spectrum Brands generated fiscal 2018 net sales of
approximately $3.8 billion.