Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
- Responsible to the Director or VP of Engineering for the planning, developing, directing and overseeing of practices, policies, programs, procedures, and personnel activities for the Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation and Controls Engineering for the Logistics division.
- Design, modify, improve and install cutting and wrapping equipment, material handling equipment and structural rack.
- Design, test and maintain production processes, machinery, and/or equipment.
- Design and provide layout of facilities, equipment, reliability improvements, and cost engineering projects from a mechanical, electrical and instrumentation / controls perspective.
- Manage Engineering Projects and other related activities for Logistics division, as required.
- Directly supervise Regional Engineers, both Mechanical and Electrical in formulating plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications for the mechanical engineering requirements for all divisional capital projects.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Preventive Maintenance Process and Reliability Process which services the Logistics division.
- Review engineering designs in light of the organization's strategic goals and return on investment.
- Provide technical support and assistance to other Mohawk Business Units (Daltile, Unilin and Columbia) on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct Strategic investigations and studies (What ifs) for Senior Management.
- Evaluate efficiency of engineering/maintenance procedures and determine root cause of problems utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and SixSigma techniques.
- Confer with manufacturing and research departments to ensure product design, development, and modifications are in conformance with organization's goals and objectives.
- Establish cost containment controls to assure compliance with capital budgets and supply monthly spending forecast for Senior Management.
- Reviews, approves, and coordinates product and process changes to maintain or improve cost/benefit ratio.
- Assess working conditions to assure compliance with all Mohawk regulations and safety standards.
- Work closely with Local, State and Federal Agencies regarding Facility and Project needs to assure compliance to standards and ordinances.
- Work in conjunction with other departmental managers in order to supply proper resources, as required, to successfully complete projects on time and budget.
- Interact with all levels of Management (from floor level to top Senior Management).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Masters Degree preferred. Six Sigma certification required.
- Minimum of eight or more years’ prior work experience as Industrial Engineering Manager working on complex engineering projects. Demonstrated lead project experience in projects with significant complexity and financial impact at a regional level
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to local and regional operations.
- Ability to train, develop and nature junior level engineering staff members. Design, develop and maintain Industrial Engineering databases of high complexity at a region level. Advance knowledge of system software , PC proficiency- Access, Excel, Word and MS Project and other databases
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Reliability Centered Maintenance