Responsible for the administration and fiduciary management within client relationships.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assessing and managing risk, the appropriate exercise of fiduciary discretion and judgment, and adherence to policies and procedures related to account administrative activities. Serve as key partner to wealth clients and developing and implementing solutions. Anticipate and identify opportunities to create new relationships and expand existing relationships.
- Administer, either directly or through an associate, accounts through demonstrated proficiency and sound judgment in exercising fiduciary discretion. May serve as primary point of contact for the client or as a member of a dedicated team. As primary point of contact/Relationship Manager, communicate regularly with the client and responsible for overall management of team of experts (Private Bankers, Investment Advisors, Commercial Banker, Business Banker, etc.) supporting the client as well as retention of the relationship. The book of accounts supported by the position include significant and complex fiduciary relationships.
- Implement policies and procedures related to fiduciary and account administrative matters. Monitor account openings, asset fundings, distributions and terminations.
- Play a key role in overall client satisfaction and retention. Cultivate strong working relationships with clients and their advisors to develop a complete understanding of individual client needs. Communicate client needs and concerns to partners. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and coordinate efforts of, appropriate Bank resources to ensure timely delivery of quality service and expand client relationships.
- Participate in coordinating and delivering client presentations, bringing in additional experts as needed. Represent the Bank in a professional and competent manner whether over the phone or in person with clients, advisors and business partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with administrative support areas, i.e. Tax, Legal, Operations, etc.
- Remain current on trends and changes in trusts and estates and tax and fiduciary law.
- Serve as fiduciary resource to Private Client Advisors, Financial Advisors and other internal partners. Assist in new business development efforts with regional team and internal partners (e.g. Relationship Managers, Private Bankers, Regional Insurance Coordinators, Centers of Influence, other business lines and support staff). Provide expert support, including proposals and presentations, for new business opportunities with prospects.
- Serve as mentor for other trust professionals.
- Participate in projects and initiatives that impact the team.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
An important component of the position is the ability to communicate internally with Bank management and executives and externally with clients, their representatives, accounting firms, other investment brokers, attorneys, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), and tax accountants, etc.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors' degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience independently administering fiduciary accounts or demonstrated fiduciary expertise, in a related capacity or as a part of a team, or related experience in a relevant industry, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years' experience independently administering fiduciary accounts or demonstrated fiduciary expertise, in a related capacity or as a part of a team, or related experience in a relevant industry
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills
Demonstrated strong presentation skills
Strong customer focus
Demonstrated experience expanding and retaining client relationships including building a significant level of trust with clients
Proficient personal computer skills with solid knowledge of pertinent office software
Demonstrated thorough knowledge of fiduciary business
Fundamental understanding of investment principles and philosophyEducation and Experience Preferred:
JD (Juris Doctor) or Master's degree
CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor) and/or CFP (Certified Financial Planner) certification
Certified Trust And Financial Advisor
Certified Financial Planner