To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Housing Authority & Veteran's Affairs Mortgage Underwriter
Tri Counties Bank • Chico, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Title: Federal Housing Authority & Veteran's Affairs Mortgage Underwriter
Department: Home Mortgage Underwriting
Position Summary: The Underwriter underwrites real estate loan requests received from the Home Mortgage Loan Officers. Performs a variety of clerical and other duties related to real estate loan production. Duties will include working directly with loan processors and loans officers as a real estate loan resource.
- Provides exceptional customer service to branch personnel and Loan Officers.
- Analyze credit packages and deliver credit decision in accordance with Investor guidelines.
- Perform property evaluations for conformity and evaluation of value.
- Interrupt Investor Automated Underwriting (AUS) finding and verify file conformity.
- Reviews all loan file documents for accuracy.
- Be able to back up processors and other underwriters as needed.
- Accurately calculate all types of income to Industry and Investor standards.
- Answers phone inquiries from Loan Officers and branches.
- Performs duties of other loan processors and Underwriters in their absence.
- Maintains a current understanding of established Tri Counties Bank policies and procedures including but not limited to regulations as they pertain to mortgage loans: SAFE Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Truth in Lending (Reg Z), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), OFAC compliance, Fair Credit Reporting (FCRA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Non-public Personal Information (NPPI) regulations, Dodd Frank Qualified Mortgage/Ability to Repay Rules and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a current understanding of appropriate procedures and policies, including regulatory Compliance items
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a minimum 5 years experience in underwriting FHA, VA and Conventional Loans.
- Must possess a current CHUMS ID Number from HUD and have a minimum of 5 years underwriting FHA loans as a DE.
- Must possess current SAR approval from VA and have a minimum of 5 years underwriting VA loans.
- Must possess a thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of credit underwriting.
- Good organizational skills to accommodate involvement in multiple areas.
- Encompass experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac’s & Fannie Mae’s underwriting software “Loan Prospector - LP and Fannie Mae - DU”.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.