To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Process Engineer
AMRI • Springfield, MO
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Process Engineer in Springfield, MO
The primary purpose of the Senior Process Engineer position is to design, implement and continuously improve chemical manufacturing processes using appropriate chemical engineering and scientific principles. Process design involves preparation of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment specifications, process safety information and operating procedures necessary to implement the process. Implementation involves development of construction task lists, participating in risk assessments, performing training, supporting start up and leading troubleshooting efforts. Continuous improvement includes identification of opportunities to improve quality, safety and economic performance of processes through proactive engineering evaluation as well as incident investigation and corrective/preventative action identification and implementation.
Secondary purposes include configuration, modification and optimization of site control systems and to provide technical assistance to other site departments (QA, QC, Accounting, Maintenance, EH&S, etc.) in support of Euticals general business objectives and requirements.
Essential functional duties of the position:
- Process design for new processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams using AutoCAD, mass and energy balances, equipment specifications, process safety information and operating procedures necessary to implement the process.
- Coordinate and support plant changeover from one product to the next by developing necessary documentation and construction task lists, participate in risk assessments, conduct training, support start up and troubleshoot problems.
- Support site continuous improvement activities including identification of opportunities to improve quality, safety and economic performance of the process through proactive engineering evaluation and incident investigation and corrective/preventative action identification and implementation. Identify, investigate, evaluate, justify and implement process improvements targeted for cost reduction, yield improvement, emissions and waste reduction, energy conservation, cycle time optimization, etc.
- Lead troubleshooting and process deviation or incident investigations to identify both direct and root causes and to determine appropriate corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Develop scope and approval requests for capital projects and manage the projects through the design, construction and qualification phase.
- Prepare, review and/or approve process manufacturing instructions and procedures (batch sheets, SOP’s etc.) as necessary to ensure processes are operated safely and under necessary GMP control.
- Review process changes for impact to EH&S, quality, economics and reliability. Utilize and follow site Management of Change procedures.
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analysis and risk assessments including tracking action items.
- Maintain assigned Process Safety Management (PSM) documentation.
- Integrate automation into chemical processes to optimize financial performance.
- Develop PLC and Graphical User Interface (GUI) software for projects.
- Serve as a technical resource supporting manufacturing, quality, EH&S and other site and company departments for issues pertaining to site chemical manufacturing processes.
- Effective collaboration with other company functions and departments.
- Statistical evaluation of plant data to determine relevance and applicability of data.
- The following required knowledge and proficiency skills are required for this position to be acquired through a minimum of a Chemical Engineering degree and minimum of eight years of experience in pharmaceutical chemical or fine chemical manufacturing.
- Experience in batch organic chemical manufacturing is required and pharmaceutical chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated knowledge of chemical engineering and batch organic chemical manufacturing.
- A working knowledge cGMP quality regulations applicable to pharmaceutical chemical manufacturing
- Expertise in Process Safety practices and regulations applicable in an OSHA process safety management environment.
- Must possess strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are needed.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.