Requisition ID: 124533
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an opening for a dynamic Entry-Level Train Control Engineer in our growing Rail and Transit Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our brand new Lone Tree, CO office.
- Work under the direction of an experienced Train Control Engineer to develop design plans and documentation to support project requirements.
- Ability to develop detailed design specifications
- Ability to design and develop documentation to support typical train control requirements related to:Electrical circuit diagrams, Code for programmable logic controllers, Physical arrangement plans, Creation of test plans and procedures.
- Selection of products to apply within the specification requirements
- Conduct actual system level testing to ensure compliance to the customer requirements.
- Develop and utilize Requirement Management Tools to assure adherence to customer requirements
- Develop and utilize Configuration Management Tools for the products and systems being deployed
- Become familiar with industry standards and guidelines such as AREMA, FTA, IEEE, etc.
- Recent college graduate or up to 2 years of work experience in an engineering field.
- Ability to read and understand electrical circuits
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and turn those into design drawings
- Ability to understand the development of logic diagrams
- Ability to communicate project status
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel as business requires
Base Compensation: $58,000 - $87,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Test Planning
- Design Specifications
- Engineering Design Process