**POTENTIALLY OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES**
This role will advise and support the leaders within the escrow administration team which includes Tax, Escrow, Insurance, MI, Correspondence and Research departments. This leader's responsibilities will included responding to internal and third party audit requests, oversight of regulatory, investor compliance controls and first-line of defense risk management obligations. Knowledgeable and skilled in all stages of loan administration beyond areas of responsibility. Performs a variety of routine daily tasks, reviews reports, prepares correspondence, and participates in special projects. Interfaces and collaborates with strategic partners to achieve common goals. This role will partner with servicing business Leaders as well as Legal/Compliance as applicable, and other areas to help ensure the control environment within servicing is sound. This leader will also ensure defects are identified and re-mediated quickly with appropriate root cause analysis, process improvement and any other steps as necessary. Additional responsibilities include supporting business leader adherence to established business control reporting and oversight, as well as the established issues management framework by helping identify process gaps and improvement opportunities, performing trend analysis to minimize risk exposure and strengthen the overall control environment within the servicing organization. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages existing and emerging risks (through control reporting, and other tools) that stem from business activities; ensures control defects/risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Oversees and ensures appropriate action is taken to address identified risks
- Responsible for control data analysis, trend analysis and report preparation
- Manages daily operations of the Business Controls unit
- Assists in translating control deficiencies into action plans and drives/oversees action plans to completion in partnership with applicable business areas, as well as Legal/Compliance and other areas as needed
- Advises/reports to Senior Leadership on the status of their control environment based on control weaknesses, defects, and issues identified. Identified critical areas withing Servicing to monitor and escalates issues/findings to appropriate stakeholders
- By utilizing tools such as control reporting and others, proactively identify emerging Compliance/Legal concerns impacting the organization and communicate to management as appropriate.
- Assesses results of control report output and analyzes data for cross functional process improvement.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Oversight: ability to put in place oversight mechanisms, and oversee business unit/function deliverables with respect to the control environment are met timely and to quality.
Analysis: ability to assess data points (e.g. inherent risk,emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance.
Influence: ability to influence senior management in the business unit/function to deliver on their operational risk responsibilities; ability to champion, effectively, the success of first-line initiatives in their business unit.
HS grad/GED required
Bachelor's degree preferred
5-8 years related experience required.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans