To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, OH 45373
- Clopay Building Products
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clopay Building Products • Troy, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Buyer in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing location.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
* Plan and analyze material requirements for assigned commodities utilizing available forecast, historic information, current industry information and company inventory objectives.
* Expedite material requirements as necessary to prevent interruptions in customer orders and production shortages.
* Purchase assigned commodity items according to approved purchasing strategy.
* Review item or material needs with various departments and investigate new sources.
* With assistance from department team, prepare, execute, and evaluate RFP/RFQs.
* With the support and guidance of purchasing management, utilize acceptable techniques including ABC analysis, economic order quantities, and other principles of inventory control to determine item stock levels, assuring on-hand inventory while minimizing storage, handling, and obsolescence costs.
* Notify Manager of inventory changes relative to budgeted levels.
* Review the operational forecast on a monthly basis to uncover unexpected turning points in customer trends.
* Validate, update and maintain Purchasing centric item, sourcing, and supplier records.
* Provide suppliers with detailed current and annual purchase expectations.
* Participate in interviews with current and prospective suppliers.
* Pair with Clopay's Purchasing Project Analyst to identify, develop and execute strategic sourcing initiatives, cost savings strategies and product improvement initiatives (SMACK).
* Work with Clopay's Purchasing Quality Engineer to assist in the resolution of product quality issues.
* In collaboration with Purchasing Quality and the department team, participate in annual supplier performance reviews with key suppliers.
* Assist in the preparation for Supplier negotiations.
* Maintain records and files to assure information availability to other required personnel.
* Obtain certifications of delivery and shipment when required.
* Check and approve for payment of invoices for orders placed when required.
* Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements throughout the supply chain.
* Approach and support Clopay's purchasing requirements as a supportive and collaborative member of the Purchasing Team, providing back-up assistance and issue support as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent.
* Travel is sometimes required.
* Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance. Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!