For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Repair Specialists serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Repair Specialists are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested repair work.
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Performing carpentry and general construction in accordance with safety procedures to include removal of damaged materials, reinstallation of new materials (e.g., wood, drywall, roofing) and finishing work (e.g., painting, staining, stucco patching)
- Completing recommendations as needed on treatments, carpentry and construction work made by Inspectors and/or Technicians regarding structural repairs related to Wood-Destroying Organisms (WDOs) and pest exclusion
- Preparing job sites for termiticide treatment and applying termiticide to structures according to specifications
- Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Four years of construction experience required. The following are much more important…
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Repair Specialists aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance Repair Specialists
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.