Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestl is the place for you. Nestl USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestl's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.POSITION SUMMARY
Support Engineering and Maintenance operations by leading improvements in project safety management and driving factory operating cost reductions by identifying and maintaining infrastructure. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines.
- Run and set up CNC mills and lathes, a plus.
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate parts.
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
- Able to layout, fabricate framing and sheet metal.
- Work with stainless steel and plastics.
- Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Willing to work overtime and holidays.
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Welding certification is a plus
- Machining/ tool and die certification is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week on an assigned shift with some daily overtime and weekend overtime.
- High school diploma or GED Preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestl seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl home.
The Nestl Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Machinist/Welder Needed
or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator:
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
- Attention To Detail
- Infrastructure Management