COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Case Manager provides direct management services including identifying and coordinating community resources. The Case Manager provides a variety of individual and/or group supportive services that address both short-term and long-term client
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interviews clients for direct service needs, develop a case plan with the client including written short-term and long-term goals and tasks. Makes referrals as needed.
• Collaborates with other disciplines including substance abuse, legal, medical, educational, vocational, mental health professionals and other service providers.
• Makes appropriate referrals for emotional, substance abuse, legal, medical, dental, educational recreational, vocational, employment and housing needs.
• Creates and maintains case records, including, but not limited to legal documentation, assessments, case notes, case plans, service updates, court reports, medical reports, referrals, discharge summaries, visitation records and educational information.
• Completes reports and maintain statistical data, meets programmatic, documentation and other performance standards, on an on-going basis.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required.
• Social work degrees, social work licensure in the appropriate jurisdiction is required.
• Professional counseling degrees, professional counseling licensure in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
• Valid local Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent communication both verbal and written.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence, and other job-related documents.
• Maintain accurate client records which includes the client database.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Licensed Master Social Worker