To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Actuarial Analyst
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow’s health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
• Assists in basic actuarial/quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team members in order to assess and calculate costs, rates, risks and trends associated with underwriting health and welfare insurance, brokering contracts, or projecting health care related costs
• Gathers, organizes, tests, and reviews client or vendor data for accuracy, validity, and reasonableness, and to identify any discrepancies
• Performs basic analyses and cost projections by using or modifying existing products, tools, and pricing models in Excel, SAS, and other software, with oversight and feedback from senior project team members
• Assists senior project team members in preparing reports for data trend analyses in order to summarize findings and recommend a strategy, solution, or plan design to the client
• Participates in development of company's intellectual capital in order to develop knowledge of health insurance actuarial services and products
• Researches, analyzes, and reviews industry, regulatory, and legislative trends for calculating risk, liability, and cost for client or government reports
- Minimum 1 Actuarial Exam OR defined plan to sit for upcoming exam
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Insurance industry, Government industry or similar industries
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent relevant, professional experience
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.