To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37115
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Sales Consultant
Tempur Sealy International • Nashville, TN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Field Sales Consultant ensures all retail sales associates (RSA's) have a thorough knowledge of the product and can effectively demonstrate product features and functionality to consumers. This role works with our local, regional and national account customers playing a key role in building advocacy with the RSA to drive retailer revenue growth.
- Builds/Maintains relationships with dealers
- Prepares and conducts effective, conceptual brand/product training and presentations with sales personnel in stores to improve balance of sale.
- Responsible for growing account and territory revenue for national, regional and local accounts
- Tracks floor plans/in-store visual merchandising to maximize sales
- Tracks sales, line changes, floor plans, contests, new product, and price positioning of competitive lines
- Drives revenue through account strategy
- Responsible for in-store merchandising
- Communicates product promotions, upcoming events, supports new product introduction
- Keeps accurate door call records and tracks effectiveness of store training and company promotions.
- Identifies opportunities for territory growth: seeking and opening new account
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
- Strong business acumen to include P&L Management
- A passionate ambassador for the brand with the ability to convey the corporate message (vision and strategy) convincingly to the customer
- Unwavering personal integrity and ability to build relationships based on trust and respect
- Ability to confront reality in assessing business performance and opportunities
- Ability to listen and desire to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills that rely on creativity and innovation to drive results
- A player coach who can clearly articulate a vision and ensure its implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate company mission, vision and values to the team to align behavior and performance
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships internally across multiple functions and externally with customers and vendors
- Organized, good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Personally dynamic with a strong work ethic
- Process and solution oriented, keeps the long term in the forefront while solving for the short term
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of the Sales organization
- Reports to: Field Sales Manager
- Direct Reports: none
- Product Development
- Category Management
- Customer Service
- Between two to three years training or retail sales experience with a career emphasis on bedding, furniture, or premium consumer durables
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships
- Bachelor's degree (BA, or BS) from four-year college or university is strongly preferred.
- Athena and/or Business Objects
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: This role is a field position based in the employee's residential home office. Regular, high volume travel may be required to build customer relationships in a retail-focused environment. Customer interaction is expected to mirror regular and customary 'retail' hours of operation. Some stress may occur due to the fast-paced, change-oriented, results driven organization.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.