Market Research Consultant Role for CSI CW
The Market Research Consultant role will work under the guidance of the CSI (Commercial Strategy & Insights) Director to conduct market research in accordance with the CSI plans. The Market Research Consultant will collaborate with cross-functional Otsuka stakeholders, including the Brand Team, Medical Affairs, Clinical, and Market Access. The Market Research Consultant will conduct the planned market research to answer key business questions (KBQs) to inform business decision making for assets in development.
- Identify the appropriate market research tool(s) and methodologies to answer KBQs and to inform business decisions.
- Develop RFPs for the CSI team's market research projects, review the MR agency proposals, and select the best MR agency to conduct the MR project.
- Manage and execute the market research project with the selected MR agency, including stimulus material utilization, fielding, analysis, and reporting.
- Oversee MR agency work and deliverables to ensure that the project achieves the specified goal(s) and objectives.
- Provide additional CSI project and market research management support as needed by the CSI Director.
- Participate on team calls with cross-functional Otsuka stakeholders, including CSI project planning meetings/status meetings/readouts with Asia-Pacific teams. Meetings with international colleagues/stakeholder will likely include some early morning or evening calls.
- Quick learner that will rapidly build relationships with Otsuka stakeholders and be an active contributor to the conversation and decision making.
- Comfortable and adept at working in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Ability to apply customer & market insights to inform customer & brand decision making
- Familiarity and experience with Qualitative and Quantitative primary market research tools and techniques (segmentation, messaging, positioning, patient journey, focus groups/IDIs, digital research and more)
- Active participant in business meetings and willing to proactively share insights/information with team members
- Experience working on global/international projects, and in particular with European and/or Asian markets
- Strong critical thinking, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners, including marketing, sales, clinical, medical affairs, market access, and others.
- Customer-centric approach to thinking and work
- Minimum of 7 years of experience planning and conducting primary market research in a marketing sciences/business analysis/business operations role in the pharmaceutical and/or consumer package goods industry (client or agency side)
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- Location: Remote, not PST
- Business Analysis
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking