This Desktop Support position provides 3rd level (expert/advanced) technical assistance in support and preparation of desktop supported applications and hardware. This position requires extensive knowledge and experience with desktop technology including, but not limited to, Windows desktop operating systems, desktop applications, desktop deployment tools such as SCCM, LANDesk, MDT, etc., x86 desktops/laptops, Multi-Function Devices (print/fax/copier/scanner), Macbook devices and other supported wireless devices such as Windows Phone, Android, and/or iPhone/iPad.
This position receives escalated level support issues from an internal help desk and serves as a mentor to other desktop support staff. The incumbent shall have 4 or more years of experience in a Desktop Support position and be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Desktop Support.
Very qualified candidates will be expected to package desktop applications (off-the-shelf and in-house developed) by way of a ticket based request system. Depending on the nature of the request, the software is to be formally evaluated, licensing requirements researched, installation steps documented, and final work approved.
The incumbent shall have 5 or more years of experience in a Desktop Support position. Experience with a focus on application packaging and support with MSI tools such as Wyse or InstallShield, Scripting, and/or other desktop automation tools is preferred. The incumbent shall also be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Desktop Support.
This Desktop Support person relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This Desktop Support person is expected to independently perform a variety of desktop related tasks and serve as a desktop expert on assigned projects. A wide degree of creativity, self-direction, and latitude is expected.
1. An in person interview may be required before a final hire is made. The hiring manager has discretion to allow phone or Skype interviews at any point during the process.
2. The selected candidate will be required to sign exhibit B (attached) as part of the on boarding process.
3. The selected candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
4. This position is budgeted for 1960 hours annually. Hours will be prorated the first year based on start date.
5. Please submit ONLY local candidates.
6. Candidates selected to participate in the interview process should bring three (3) business references to an interview.