To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, WA 99012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Services Tech w/ CDL or ability to get a CDL (Fairfield, WA)
Wilbur-Ellis Company • Fairfield, WA
Posted 7 days ago
Do you possess a class-A or B CDL with a Hazmat endorsement or the ability to obtain? Do you have the ability to use GPS calibration tools? Do you have knowledge of agricultural production and practices? Do you also have knowledge of fabrication and fertilizer calibration?
If you said YES to all of these questions, AND, you thrive in a team environment, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Agricultural Field Services Technician responsible for using agricultural equipment to transport, set-up, and calibrate crop applicator equipment used by growers in the field. This position will inspect vehicle and equipment with every use and complete documentation of bulk material. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and strong customer service skills to professionally interact with our customers. A Class-A or B CDL with Hazmat endorsement is required or the ability to obtain.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to operate all vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner
- Ability to use GPS calibration tools
- Knowledge and verifiable experience in the set-up of vehicles
- Knowledge of agricultural production and practices (beneficial)
- Knowledge of fabrication and fertilizer calibration (preferred)
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations, and customer locations / farms
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Maintain a neat appearance and convey professionalism with customers
- Maintain all licenses to comply with regulatory agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class-A or B driver’s license with Hazmat endorsement or the ability to obtain
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Strong customer service orientation required with the ability to interact positively with customers – excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack, and other equipment as required
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Must be reliable and punctual when reporting to work
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee all aspects of field service support
- Take out, set-up, and calibrate equipment to be used by growers in the field
- Move and set up tanks as needed
- Oversee the daily maintenance of and ensure that all equipment is running and safe to operate – this may include trucks, tractors, and other support equipment assigned to the branch
- Contact sales staff to resolve any disputes that may arise
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Ensure that the correct materials are being used at all times
- Ensure that safety gear is properly used at all times
- Interact with customers in a professional manner. Contact the Salesperson to resolve any disputes.
- Additional duties as requested
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.