$55000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
If you want to work for an innovative company, Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for you as a full-time Staff Accountant. This position will challenge your skills as your juggle multiple components. Candidates who can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, investment accounting, and general ledger reconciliation, will be preferred for this Staff Accountant position. This role will involve internal reporting during the monthly close, participation in compliance, interaction with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. Located in the Houston, Texas area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. This position is ideal for a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
What you get to do every single day
- Manage depreciation, investment ledgers, and reconciliation
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Command of general ledger
- Solid understanding of fund accounting
- Proficiency in account reconciliation
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Must be fluent in Spanish
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.