Title: Chief Engineer
Reports to: Head of Troy Tech Center
Location: Troy, MI
LG Energy Solution Michigan Inc. (LGESMI) develops and manufactures large lithium ion polymer batteries and packs for electric vehicle (EV) and energy storage applications. LGESMI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LG Energy Solution, a South Korean company that has global operations focused on petrochemical products, information/electronic materials, and energy solutions. LG Energy Solution is part of the LG Group. Come join the leader in advanced EV batteries! www.lgenergymi.com
The Chief Engineer has oversight for engineering execution of the battery product portfolio.
This position is an individual contributor position with ownership of engineering development process and Technical Design Review (TDR) signoff. In this matrix approach, Directors from each engineering functional discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Software, etc.) assign resources to projects overseen by the Chief Engineer.
This role may evolve with input from Executive Management, Directors, Department Managers, and Program Managers.
* Provide subject matter expertise on batteries, modules, cells, and related performance to the Tech Center Leadership and Engineering Teams.
* Specifications - ensuring product meets customer specs: Through analysis & data (e.g. Compliance Matrix/VCRI)
* Robust development of design validation plans and reports.
* Sign off on all releases and technical solutions: TDR (Technical Design Reviews), 8Ds
* Sign off and oversight of Systems V execution, working closely with systems and ME/EE engineers and management - boundary diagram, P-diagram, foundational documents, robustness linkages from requirements through DFMEA through DVP&R.
* Engagement in the development of thermal propagation (TP) in conjunction with HQ R&D.
* Customer PDT - agenda/minutes/actions: Functional Leads own Sub-PDTs, bubble up issues
* Internal PDT: 1-pagers from all Leads (PSR), lead technical RED item resolution
* Deliverables: Customer Deliveries with Quality & CPDP/GPLM Engineering deliverables
* Resource planning: Product Change Control, WBS, resource assessments, Recruit technical support as required
* Requirement compliance: Ex. Meets design requirements, Automotive qualified, etc.
* Includes oversight of initial system engineering builds & ADVP&R
* Misc.: Other duties as assigned by manager
* Minimum 10 years automotive industry experience
* Minimum 5 years of electric vehicle, electric propulsion, or battery.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional team to project completion through effective communication and relationship building
* Demonstrated ability to lead technical engagement in cross functional design reviews in areas such as mechanical, electrical, chemical, vibrations, etc.
* Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
* Excellent communication and presentation skills adjusted to situation and audience.
* Bachelor degree in chemical, ME, EE or related engineering fields, Masters in Engineering preferred
- Automotive Industry
- Cell Biology
- Change Control