ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at: www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
This position may be subject to Executive Order 283, requiring a proof of being up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccination, including any recommended booster. Requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical condition, disability, or sincerely-held religious belief precluding vaccination will be considered and should be made to Human Resources:
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in providing the fundamental aspects of programs or cases and assists in providing client services, including support for families, under close and regular supervision.
- Assist with conducting programs to prevent and resolve client problems.
- Provide information and referral to clients over the phone or in person
- Provide case management assistance, i.e. preparation/maintenance of client files, mailings, client tracking, and technical and administrative assistance.
- Assist clients in identifying benefits, social and community services and helps clients obtain them.
- Assist with transportation needs
- Provide emotional support to clients.
- Assist with daily living skills
- Assist or organize/lead client activities
- Assist with crisis intervention
- Confer with medical/other personnel on client behalf
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma; 1 year of related experience (work or volunteer).
LICENCES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license preferred.
MANDATED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Providence House is a 24-hour residential program, as such requires staffing at all times. When accepting a position with this agency it is important to know that the regular shift at the time of hiring is subject to change during the course of your employment, and that at times of staff emergencies or special events you may be required to fill shifts other than (instead of) your regular shift. This may include holidays.
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Customer Service
- Telephone Call Reception Management