Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES * Maintain the team backlog and work with stakeholders and other members of the organization. The Product Owner has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog.
* Review and prioritize the backlog as part of the preparation work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners. The Product Owner is the primary source for story detail and priorities and has the responsibility of accepting the final iteration plan.
* Supports Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD) by participating in the development of story acceptance criteria and provide examples in support of ATDD specification by example.
* Accepting stories - The PO is the only team member who can accept stories as done. This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies its Definition of Done (DoD). In so doing, the PO also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
* Understand enabler work - While POs are not expected to drive technological decisions, they are supposed to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and to collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality. This can often be best accomplished by establishing a capacity allocation, as described in the team backlog article.
* Participate in team demo and retrospective - As the person responsible for requirements, POs have an essential role in the team demo, reviewing and accepting stories. They also participate in the Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train's (ART's) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
* POs also participate in the preparation of the PI system demo. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline preferred * 7 years of experience working in an Agile environment
* 5 years of experience serving in the Agile Product Owner role
* Secret Security Clearance
* Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred Overview We are seeking an Agile Product Owner to join our team supporting the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division. TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Visit us at www.TekSynap.com . Apply now to explore jobs with us! The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here . By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP". Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES * Establish Focus
* Change Management
* Develop Others
* Oral Communication * Written Communication * Interpersonal Awareness
* Build Relationships
* Analytical Thinking
* Conceptual Thinking
* Strategic Thinking
* Technical Expertise
* Foster Innovation
* Results Oriented
* Teamwork * Customer Service WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Location: Clarksburg, WV/Telework
* Type of environment: Office & Remote
* Noise level: Medium
* Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
* Amount of Travel: 10% PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE U.S. Citizen Secret Security clearance required OTHER DUTIES Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact for assistance.
- Agile Methodology
- Decision Making
- Information Technology
- Infrastructure Management
- Safety Principles
- Acceptance Test Driven Development