Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Regular
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are seeking a Senior Software Tester with strong automation skills to join our Technology Shared Services – Applications testing team. As a Senior Software Tester, you will support various customers by designing, building, maintaining, executing, and reporting on comprehensive software tests in order to assure integrity, reliability, and quality of their software products. We are looking for someone who has strong people, communication, and technical skills, as well as the ability to innovate and lead.
- Design, develop, and implement test plans, manual test scripts, and automated
- Create tests in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment
- Implement and identify innovative tools, frameworks, automation, and utilities to increase velocity while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Apply technical, business, and quality skills to assess product and code health, implement modern testing approaches, and prevent production defects.
- Help establish a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality
- Perform API level testing
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management
- Have a proactive attitude and a willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done
- Create end-to-end System Integration test cases to use as a design for developing regression automated tests.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years or more of IT experience.
- Deep understanding of the different software testing methodologies
- Strong experience with automated testing tools/frameworks/languages such as Selenium, Cucumber, NUnit, Junity, JMeter, Karma, etc.
- Experience working as part of an agile team utilizing Scum, Kanban, or Scrumban
- Experience working with DevSecOps pipelines
- Experience writing automated tests for web front ends, apis, and databases
- Experience testing commercial-off-the-shelf applications
- Self-motivated, quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Agile Software Development