The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops and test and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Provides technical support, performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Manages all aspects of assigned engineering projects
- Manages project budgets, including outside suppliers and contractors
- Leads new equipment purchase, installation/implementation and training team members
- Represents manufacturing on cross functional teams
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Support production, quality, safety and lean initiatives to improve OEE and overall facility performance
- Bachelor Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mechanical and electrical process support in a metal forming environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen events (Continuous Improvement)
- Experience in 3D design software such as AutoCAD and/or Pro E, with the ability to interpret, design and modify tooling and machine layout drawings
- Travel 10-15%
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
- Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field
- Familiarity with the plumbing industry and/or consumer goods
Craft Your Career with Brasscraft Manufacturing Company!
Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), with sales revenue over $7 Billion, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; BrassCraft®, Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit masco.com.
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.Company
BrassCraft Manufacturing CompanyShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Continuous Improvement Process
Process Analysis (Business)