Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position leads market research and competitive intelligence for the State Government division, helping to support strategic planning and executive initiatives that span Marketing, Sales, Client Management, and Product Management departments. The candidate will oversee and direct qualitative and quantitative research projects, transforming data into purposeful information that is understandable, accurate, relevant and actionable for internal stakeholders.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partners with the State Government business in OptumInsight to develop a proactive learning agenda and research plan that spans product, marketing, sales and client management
- Maintains a pulse on industry dynamics and emerging customer needs, acting as a thought leader and subject matter expert on the State Government market
- Partners with the business and contributes to ongoing monitoring of competitors to identify competitive activities, trends and strategies
- Directs all primary and secondary research by overseeing the entire research process, defining the research scope and budget, selection of appropriate research methodologies, survey development, focus group scripting and interview guide development, management of research vendor relations, interpretation and analysis of data using standard statistical tools, as well as report development, communication and presentation of research findings to non-technical audiences
- Leads market sizing analysis and competitive intelligence initiatives for the State Government business
- Utilizes standard frameworks (e.g. Porter’s Five Forces, SWOT, Market Maps) to create actionable research findings
- Develops and oversee the internal systems, templates, and tools to maximize the efficient delivery of market intelligence
- Supports other strategy development, business planning and execution management activities
The position will receive guidance from leaders within the State Government business and corporate functions but will be largely responsible for operating independently.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, health economics, statistics, or finance
- 3+ years of experience leading complex market research and customer insights initiatives
- Demonstrable experience with primary and secondary research methodologies, analytical frameworks, and statistical tools
- Solid familiarity with the State Government market in the United States, especially state Medicaid programs, other health-related agencies and programs, and procurement regulations and practices
- Solid understanding of the business-to-business environment in the State Government market, including the competitive landscape and industry partnerships
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and market research tools
- Ability to build partnerships and trust with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Deltek Govwin, eRepublic Navigator, and other State Government research databases and publications
- Familiarity with the sales procurement processes, timelines, state budgets, and sources such as RFPs/RFI and FOIA documentation as source material for competitive market understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be extremely organized
- Be a self-starter; work with a sense of urgency and be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change; approach work in an enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative manner
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Market Research Consultant, State Government, Market Strategy, Research, Competitive Intelligence, Market, Analysis, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work From Home, Remote, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, Sacramento, CA, California