To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Hub Specialist (Transportation)
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • Fontana, CA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sr. Hub Specialist- Full Time
Transportation Admin/Payroll/Accounting Exp. Pref'd
Analystics- Review, Running and Evaluating Reports
Strong Excel and Attention to Detail
The Senior Hub Specialist will work within a centralized location ensuring that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. They will continually look for ways to consolidate and make room for new services offered by the Hub and will work closely with management to meet departmental objectives.
Position is typically dedicated to a Sr. Hub Specialist who exhibits attention to detail, proficiency in learning new tasks, and making those tasks more efficient and/or changing process.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years or more experience with DOT, and driver routing with minimum of 2 years’ experience in Logistics and/or Transportation preferred
- Two (2) years or more Customer service or call center experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data
- Use independent judgment to establish accuracy and reasonableness of information (preferred)
- Utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate honesty, integrity, and truthfulness which promote the team focus and a positive and credible workplace
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Support and lead colleagues in change management and new initiatives to better support field operations
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Knowledge in transportation environment, (i.e.: Shipping, receiving and inventory management, distribution or dispatch); intermediate level; preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain software applications, routing and dispatch software systems; intermediate level; preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Understand computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email. ; intermediate level
- Partner with the field to complete all duties with 98% accuracy, on time, and follow through to internal customer
- Provide customer service support to drivers and client representatives in a transportation environment. Dispatch drivers accordingly, utilizing the appropriate systems and continuously looking for improvements across accounts
- Leads team in learning new tasks and functions, assesses process and deliverables for enhancements, and provides ideas for consolidation and automation
- Assist management as a lead to provide guidance for new hires and/or any additional training needed for current staff
- Audit and determine whether functional, productivity goals and objectives are being met (OBC Compliance, Trip Completion, Continuous Improvement) Provides actionable support to the rest of the team to meet objectives
- Responsible for monitoring the shared email account, receive feedback, and provide timely updates and responses to internal customers
- Analyzes large amounts of data, identifies root-cause and provides value added recommendations for management to assist in resolution
- Assist management to maintain a process and procedure that identifies ownership and the criteria used to validate the respective workload assigned to the Hub Specialist
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs Ad Hoc Assignments as needed
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.