To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Phone: 312-203-6578
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Sous Chef
Levy • Tuscaloosa, AL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LOCATION: University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa, AL
As an Executive Sous Chef with Levy, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values. You will maintains recipes to meet core standards, ensure that all safety and sanitation standards are met, ensure show quality food and presentations are occurring in all areas, while continually gaining culinary expertise and food knowledge.
Major Areas of Responsibility
All performance standards are achieved through the use of the Core Signatures guidelines.
- Executes menus in accordance to brand standards
- Maintains recipes to meet core standards
- Ensure that team members consistently deliver Heartfelt Hospitality to every guest, every time
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
- Executes preventive maintenance schedule as set forth by Director of Operations
- Conducts daily walkthroughs in culinary areas for each event
- Continually gains culinary expertise
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems (Purchasing Systems, Point-of-sale, WFM and more)
- Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Employs good safety and sanitation practices
- Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
- Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
- Ensures team members adhere to Levy Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Displays a positive attitude towards team members
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy Restaurants guidelines
- Conducts regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Assists fellow team members when necessary
- Mentors Sous Chefs to improve their skills and leadership abilities
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.